Wednesday 4 January 2017

Stuff Hamburgers

Well I just received my new Hamburger stuffer made by Stufz! Well this hamburger stuffer contraption is made of pretty solid and durable plastic! Let me tell you it look complicated to used at first but its actually pretty easy to use!








StufZ Specifications:
* 4 1/2″ Dia. x 3 1/2″ tall in the ready to use position
* Close to 2 1/4″ tall for storage.
* Self contained unit
* Easy to use
* Dishwasher safe. Come apart fast for easy cleanup
* High quality food grade durable material
* Compact enough to fit almost anywhere
* Customize your burger to fit your appetite up to a 1/2 lbs
* Multi purpose unit: stuffed burger, cupped burger & patties
* Huge pocket for all your toppings.



Well I made three different type of stuff burgers today. One stuffed with caramelized onions and garlic, I also added a bit of cheese in the pocket of the burger. The other burger I stuffed with cheese and home made salsa. Finally the third burger just with plain old cheese!!



Here's the Salsa recipe I used: (Thanks to Antony Falbo for sharing this great recipe!)

Ingredients:

  • 4 cans of petite diced tomatoes
  • Chopped red chilies to taste
  • 1 small can of diced green chilies
  • 1 small can of tomato paste
  • 1 Serrano pepper - sliced thinly (optional) I use what I have or none
  • 1 bunch of cilantro
  • Juice from 4 limes or use store purchased limed juice
  • 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/2 lg. sweet. onion
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Red pepper flakes to taste
Directions:

*put in the blender then put in the refrigerator for 1hr before serving

P.S. This salsa is pretty amazing with appetizers during football games!

OK now back to the stuff burgers! When done building and stuffing your burgers put them in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes so the hamburgers don't fall apart during cooking.

Meanwhile I preheat my Classic Joe with my Grillgrates to 450 degree F.

I then cook my burgers till the internal temp reaches 160 degree F. I always check the internal temp of my burgers with a Thermapen thermometer!


I also grilled my buns by basting them with molten butter first then cook them for about 2 minutes!



Bonne appetite!!

You can get the Stufz burger press from Grillgrates or directly from Stufz


No comments:

Post a Comment