Wednesday 4 January 2017

Wings and salad


I decided to cook my misses some BBQ wings on my Kamado Joe served with a garden salad and fresh baguette. 

Wings are pretty easy to make on the Kamado Joe all you need is fresh split chicken wings. I seasoned them with raging River from Dizzy Pig in a Big Ziploc Bag. I then left them sitting in the fridge for 4 hours to ensure they absorbed the spices flavor.


Pre-heat your Joe to 350 F and set your heat deflector for indirect cooking. I recommend covering you're  heat deflector stone with heavy duty foil to make it easier for clean up. When the BBQ fire was well established I added some apple wood chips for a little smoke flavor. I then cook for approximately 45 minutes or till the internal temp of the wings reached 160 degree F. I always use a reliable digital thermometer like Thermapen to test the temperature of my food!


Once the wing were fully cook I then toss them in a bowl with Tasty Licks Smoking Guitar Player's Secret Sauce from Fred's Music and BBQ. Now they are ready to serve!

Now for the salad which is pretty easy to make and all you need is:

1 1/2  cup bottled Italian dressing
2 TBSP grated Parmesan
2 TBSP sugar 
1 LG raw egg or egg beaters
2 TBSP mayonnaise
1/4 cup olive Oil

Blend in blender the Italian dressing, Egg, Mayonnaise, Sugar, and Parmesan on high speed 1/2 minute or until smooth. 

Pour this mixture into the top of a double boiler and add 1/4 cup oil. Stir gently with a whisk over gently boiling water until it begins to thicken and egg is completely cooked. 

Chill several hours or overnight before using. 

If the dressing is too thick, add more Italian dressing as needed. Mix together equal amounts of fresh spinach, iceberg and romaine lettuce. Let the salad sit 5 minutes then add tomatoes, Red Onions, Bread Crouton, etc...

For wine at the table I used Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot.



Bonne Appetit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment