Friday 10 February 2017

White Barbecue Sauce

Well I was down south in Mobile, Alabama a few years back with the Canadian Navy. I came across this sauce at a tailgate party during Mardi Gras. All I can say is this sauce was amazing and I had to find the recipe for it.  I managed to get a recipe from a local friend down there but it doesn't beat Big Bob Gibson recipe. Well I finally found Big Bob Gibson's white sauce recipe on the web site amazingribs! This recipe makes 1.5 cups of white BBQ sauce. This sauce is primarily used on chicken. I use it as a dipping sauce for my chicken. This sauce keeps for two weeks in the fridge.

I also included the other recipe that I got from my friend since everyone has different taste buds!

Big Bob Gibson Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup apple juice
  • 1 tablespoon powdered garlic
  • 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish from a jar (either in vinegar or creamy)
  • 1 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely ground cayenne pepper


Directions:

Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl and let it refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Note: You can substitute the mayo with Greek yogurt which will give you a thicker sauce.

White Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients

  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
  • 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:


Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl and let it refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Note: you can add 1/4 cup corn syrup to make it sweeter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment